Saturday, December 15, 2012
Courtesy of Tyrean's Writing Spot we have the Hobbit Blogfest: An Unexpected Journey.
As most know, I am the world's BIGGEST Tolkien/Middle Earth/New Zealand geek. I write my novels in a study that is a shrine to the above and I have been nerding out FOR YEARS (and boring my Facebook friends silly in the process) while waiting for The Hobbit movie.
AND NOW IT IS HERE!!!!!!!
The blogfest has four questions:
1. What is your favorite hobbit characteristic/or the one that you think closely resembles you?
2. If you could choose between a scrumptious second breakfast and a perilous unexpected journey, which would you prefer?
3. Have you ever left behind something on a journey (expected or unexpected) and wished you could have it over and over again?
4. What is your favourite part or quote from the book that you hope will be in the movie?
1. And straight off the bat I am going to deviate slightly! I share a lot of characteristics with Bilbo and Frodo, but those characteristics are not generic Hobbity qualities. I am brave and I don't shirk from taking risks. I love that about the Baggins'.
2. Definitely a perilous unexpected journey. Having emigrated half way around the world, give me that journey any day.
3. No! I am way too organised.
4. My biggest hope for the movie is that the Battle of the Five Armies is shown in full. Peter Jackson absolutely nailed the battle scenes in the Lord of the Rings. In The Hobbit novel, the reader isn't shown any of the Battle of the Five Armies because he is unconscious. Terrible cop-out. Can you imagine goblins and men and orcs going head to head? It will be amazing. I want that in the movie.